Wednesday 11 July 2007

OMG 3 days!!!!!!!!



I really can’t believe that in 3 days I will be leaving to go back to South Africa. I cannot wait to see all my kids again, they will have grown so much in the 2 years it has been since I last saw them - most of them are now teenagers. That is going to be so strange, when I first met them they were little malnourished children who couldn’t speak any English and had little confidence. When I last saw them they had grown nearly a foot each and were fluent in English.

I have to admit I am a little apprehensive about going to Nkomazi, I have only ever seen them in the comfort of the boarding school. To see their everyday existence, where they have to live and what they have to do to survive I can see myself getting quite upset about that. I suppose you just have to be thankful that there are organisations there like the ACC who will go into these areas and make a difference.

Check out the above youtube video, the area shown in the video is Nkomazi and the children I will be working with.

I am excited and I cannot wait, it will be hard work both physically and emotionally but I just want to get there now.

No comments:

Post a Comment